Last Updated on: May 23 2023
Walter Group (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the waltergroup.ca; walterfinancial.ca; waltercapital.ca; walter-gam.com; Services (hereinafter referred to as the “Services”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information when you use our Services and the choices you have associated with that information.
- Services: Represent the waltergroup.ca; walterfinancial.ca; waltercapital.ca; walter-gam.com websites
- Personal Information means any information about an individual who can be identified directly or indirectly through other information.
- Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Services or from the Services’ infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit). Some Usage Data may also constitute Personal Information when it can be used to identify you.
- Cookies are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
Information Collection and Use
Types of Data Collected
While using our Services, we may ask you to provide us with certain Personal Information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personal Information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Usage Data
We may also collect information on how the Services are accessed and used. This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Services that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our Services.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Services.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Services.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
How can I stop using cookies on this Website?
Use of Personal Information
Walter Group uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Services
- To notify you about changes to our Services
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Services
- To monitor the usage of our Services
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- Transfer of Personal Information to affiliated entities and service providers
Your information, including Personal Information, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Canada and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Information, to Canada and process it there.
In addition to the Personal Information you provide to us directly, we may collect and process certain types of Personal Information through automated means or third-party sources, even if you do not provide your consent.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Disclosure for law enforcement
Under certain circumstances, Walter Group may be required to disclose your Personal Information if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Walter Group may disclose your Personal Information in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Walter Group
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Services
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Information
Protecting the security of your Personal Information is a top priority for us. While we use appropriate physical, technical, and organizational measures to keep your Personal Information safe, it’s important to remember that no method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is completely unassailable.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Services (“Service Providers”), provide the Services on our behalf, perform Website-related services or assist us in analysing how our Services are used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Services (ex. Google Analytics).
- Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Services. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualise and personalise the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
- Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Retention of Your Personal Information
All Personal Information collected will be destroyed in accordance with our data retention policy, once the purpose for which it was collected has been achieved. Alternatively, Personal Information may be anonymized instead so that you may no longer be directly or indirectly identified.
Our Services do not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
The Right to Access, Rectification, and Consent Withdrawal
You have the right to access and rectify any personal information we hold about you. Additionally, in some circumstances, you have the right to ask that we erase your personal information and/or withdraw your consent for us to collect and process your personal information at any time. If you wish to exercise those rights, please contact us using the contact information provided below and we will promptly comply with your request.
Right to Erasure, Deindexation/Re-indexation, and Portability
For residents of Quebec, you may also have the right to the de-indexation, re-indexation, and portability of your personal information. Upon receiving a valid request, we will take reasonable steps to de-index or re-index your personal information on our records, or to provide you with a digital copy of your personal information that we have collected from you in a structured and commonly used format, where technically feasible.